In this episode of the Liverpod I talk about key tactical themes and points of interest in Liverpool’s 2-0 win over Everton in the Premier League
• The usual summary of Liverpool’s positional framework and each player’s role within it.
• The role of Fabinho, Thiago and Keita when there is less space to work with.
• How the less publicised Liverpool left side operates differently from the more famous right.
• Lots on crossing.
• Matip’s role facilitating the attacking and how the dynamic between him and Trent Alexander-Arnold is crucial.
• Why Liverpool go long at kick-offs.
Plus a little on that… approach from Lampard’s team.